My Experience With MLB The Show 19






As a sports enthusiast, I always get excited when the release of a new sport comes out. MLB The Show is the first sports video game release of the year, I spent 3 days with the game and have tried every mode that the game offers. This is not a review of the game just an everyday normal guy having an experience.

After the game finished downloaded ( which takes forever these days), I went through the typical tutorials which have not changed from last year. Finished that and got my settings and controller figured out so I jump into an exhibition, as a Cubs fan I choose them and face off against the defending champs the Boston Red Sox. The gameplay has changed a small bit to a point where you feel the changes but until hour 6 I couldn’t tell you what those improvements were. The fielding felt smoother, The batting stances were way more accurate than they have been in recent years. The pitching had not changed at all which I love because I felt the pitching was as good as it could ever be with this generation of consoles.

I finished the game-winning 8-2 and I had quite fun with it, I go back look at the menus and decide i wanna try diamond dynasty. I have no history of playing it in the recent games but, figured since i like MUT in Madden and My Team In NBA 2k I could give this a try. I wish I could give you a full opinion on this but I spent the least amount of time on it, I did a draft which made me happy and lost every game but it was close so I hated myself less than I should of. The moments in Diamond dynasty were fun but just too simple to hold my attention.

After Diamond Dynasty, I tried the regular moments and spent about 45 minutes with them and left it with a meh. It was fun to a point but felt like it would be more fun to a casual player or a new player or even a new watcher of Baseball. After I finished that I had to start the new mode “March To October” This was my favorite mode in the game as I loved every aspect. Most of the 3 days I spent playing this as I used the Cubs and the Marlins (have no idea why). The way it was set up made it feel like an actual story mode that you can control where you end up. If you don’t like the long franchises I recommend this as it has you do moments and mostly the last 3 innings of the game. Has some player lock games and even got to do that with Kris Bryant ( who is my favorite player in the MLB) This mode right here was worth the money as every team feels different and tells a different story to October.

The last mode on this great experience with “The Road To The Show” The MLB version of My Career mode. I spent about 7 hours on this and went through double-A, passed on Triple-A and made it to the Cubs replacing Ben Zorbist as the new second basemen. Most of the mode is the same from last year, the only difference I can say is there are more RPG elements and more personality traits. It might be similar but I just had so much fun going through the minors just to get called up.

I spent 3 days with this game already, MLB The Show 19 is the best baseball game of this generation and showed how much improvements it has made since MLB The Show 14. Has new modes to give you things to do and kept things that will keep fans coming back who enjoyed that like Franchise and Road To The Show. If I had to give it a rating, id give my experience a 8.5 out of 10 I loved the new modes and am quite happy they didn’t change older modes. The commentary and the forced tutorials annoyed me but the improved gameplay made it look way more smooth.

I recommend this game if you are a baseball fan, This game was quite fun and has set the bar for sports games of 2019 and ill be here to share my experiences with each one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did Stranger Things Rip Off Beyond 2 Souls?

WWE Super Showdown 2018 Results